Research of Wim H. Hesselink
My scientific publications are listed according to
recentness. Below you can find my research areas and interests with
- Development and verification of concurrent programs, usually for
shared memory, e.g.,
refinement of atomicity,
concurrent garbage collection,
concurrent hash tables.
- Application of mechanical theorem provers like PVS and NQTHM,
algorithms of the previous item, but possibly also to the
verification of Wiles' proof of Fermat's Last Theorem.
- Basic algorithms for image processing, not necessarily
concurrent: connected components, Euclidean distance transform,
Euclidean feature transform,
- Weakest precondition semantics of sequential programs with recursion,
unbounded nondeterminacy (both demonic and angelic), and local variables.
- Knowledge based programs.
Molecular computing by polycyclic hydrocarbons.
Wim H. Hesselink
Last modified: Fri Nov 9 10:47:43 CET 2007